It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Whether it’s December or June, this is one of my favorite smoothies for curing a sweet tooth in a clean and healthy way with the super bonus of supplying a notable portion of my daily vegetables.
Ingredients & Instructions :
In a high powered blender, combine the following ingredients and blend until smooth.
- 1/2 large or 1 small ripe banana (not brown but not green)
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 2 cups of frozen Italian kale (or use spinach)
- 1 Tablespoon of raw grated ginger (view for for keeping on hand)
- 1/2 teaspoon of blackstrap molasses (even though it pours slowly, the moment it hits the teaspoon, you’re there!)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces of filtered, cold water
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use Sunwarrior plant based)
280 calories, macros: 57% carb, 12% good fat, 31% protein