You’ve received your information on what your workouts will look like. You’ve figured out the difference between healthy and unhealthy food. You’ve had success for a few days, a couple of weeks, or even a month or more; but you just can’t seem to stick to the plan. Or you struggle mentally during a difficult time in life and need that extra support.
Through one-on-one counseling with Tami, you can find out what is hindering you from achieving your goals you have set for yourself. Not just from a physical health standpoint; but also from a mental health standpoint. Tami Bliss holds a double Masters degree in Community and Rehabilitative Counseling with a special interest in eating disorders. You will receive weekly assignments as well as one-on-one sessions to help you work through behaviors that are keeping you from achieving your best self.
What can you expect from sessions with Tami?
- Initial evaluation and intake to help determine the approximate number of sessions that will be necessary to help you reach the goals that you and Tami will outline together
- Personalized homework
- Daily, Weekly, bi-weekly or monthly check-ins via Skype, Facetime, phone or email based on Tami’s recommendations and your availability and financial abilities
Who can benefit from Tami’s services? Those who:
- Are having a difficult time staying on track with healthy eating and exercise
- Feeling depressed or down
- Needing extra accountability with a healthy lifestyle
- Are experiencing a lack of motivation
- Would like to quit smoking
- Need extra support during the holidays or difficult times
- Are trying to beat binge eating or emotional eating habits
Tami Bliss, MS, has a passion not only for mental health, but also for physical health and fitness. She holds a double Masters Degree in Community and Rehabilitation Counseling. During her graduate school years, her interest and emphasis was on eating disorders. She has worked in a variety of mental health settings including group and family counseling, individual counseling, Adjunct Psychology Instructor at the University and Community college levels, and at-risk youth. Tami is a certified Personal Fitness Trainer and certified Group Fitness Instructor, and enjoys teaching a variety of group fitness classes part-time. Her other interests include spending time with her husband and 3 boys who are very active in sports, music and school activities.
“We are humans. Sometimes we forget that being human means making mistakes and learning from them. It is extremely difficult to have success in certain areas of our life when our mental health is not stable, we are insecure, or we have fear that holds us back from being our best self. I don’t want to be in my 90s still wishing that I were a size 6. I want to be happy in my body and enjoy life. And I want that for everyone who exists in this world. To see their worth and make the most of their life.” ~Tami Bliss
Tami is available Monday-Friday 8am-5pm Central Time Zone (CST).
Face to face via FaceTime or Skype: $25 per half hour; $45 per hour*
*The first time assessment meeting has an additional $25, one time fee
- Daily check-ins
- Weekly check-ins